“The Senior Application Analyst is member of one of the IT teams and report to the Manager Business Applications, Manager Store Applications or Manager BI Competence Centre. The Application Analyst has full authority and understanding the specific HR applications (SAP Module Successfactors) concerning all functional aspects and understands the role of such application in the business process of Action.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main focus lies on the translation of business requirements into application requirements. The application analyst defines how a solution would look like for the business and takes care of the implementation either by realizing so itself, or by managing relevant suppliers or other colleagues. The Application Analyst will act as test coordinator after delivery of the required functionality in order to ensure a smooth implementation. Where necessary the Application Analyst will align with the business key user(s) to verify test and training requirements and will make sure that all necessary documentation is in place.
If appropriate, the Application Analyst can act as lead architect in projects where required or as project manager of (small) projects where required.
The Application Analyst HR Successfactors designs and implements functionality in this specific application, overseeing the impact on other systems, in such way that this supports the business processes of Action.
The Application Analyst alerts where improvements in existing functionality can be realized to support the business processes. Where necessary the Application Analyst assists in incident resolution where this touches upon functionality of the application.
The Application Analyst makes sure that implementation of functionality is aligned with IT policies on development and standardization. The Application Analyst, develops and defines standards and guidelines for implementation practices in such context that these are aligned with strategic IT governance principles.
Areas of responsability
The Application Analyst
- Analyses the impact of changes or adjustments in business processes on Successfactors system functionality and vice versa.
- Advices on improvements in business processes on his own initiative and aligns with business stake holders.
- Translates business requirements into functional requirements for applications.
- Details business requirements and functional requirements towards change requests.
- Manages the realization of change requests with colleagues and suppliers or realizes changes himself.
- Defines requirements for appropriate testing on unit and system level by both IT and the end user or key user.
- Ensures that all necessary document is in place in accordance with actual guidelines and policies.
- Decides on implementation strategies.
- Defines standards and guidelines for implementation and configuration, based on experience, best practices and common sense.
- Aligns with team members, key users and business process owners to set priorities and clearly understands business needs.
- Makes sure that functionality is realized within priorities set.
- Continuously scans the applications within scope for further improvement possibilities.
- Shows understanding of business priorities and sets priorities for functional enhancements accordingly;
- Communicate on confIicting priorities and organize alternatives where necessary.
- Determines whether implementation through standard software is feasible or required and knows how to limit the impact if deviation from standard is necessary.
- Can act as Application Architect.
- Can act as Project manager.
- Can lead one or more application analyst(s) and coach them in their daily activities and development.
- First call when new functionality isn’t fit for purpose and shouldn’t be deployed to production.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD APPLICATIONS ANALYST SAP SUCCESSFACTORS AT ACTION
- Professional and intellectual abilities at master or university level with a minimum of 5 years of experience in similar roles.
- Execute with pace and urgency
- At least 5 years of experience with HR applications.
- Knowledge of Retail is essential (depending on functional area)
- Extensive experience with relevant application or SAP Module(s) is essential, certification in this area is preferred.
Self-confident, broad and developed communication skills on business level
- Leadership skills without power and is able to motivate application specialists and business process owners Bredere kennis van SAP en/of Qlikview is een pré;
- Deep understanding of business processes within functional area
- Ervaring of affiniteit met Retail;
- Goede beheersing van de Nederlandse en Engelse taal in woord en geschrift;
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targets
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING REMUNERATION
Action opens a number of new stores nationally and internationally every week. This rapid growth makes us a successful organization, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis will increase accordingly. Not only does Action grow, but you will also have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
- A competitive salary (on the basis of 38 hrs/wk.)
- A company laptop and phone
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action
Do you want to help build the future for one of the best and fastest growing non-food retailers in Europe? Apply now by uploading your CV and motivation letter, via our online application form*. We are more than happy to invite you for an interview!
Are you interested in finding out more about this function or the application procedure? Please contact Esther Sancho (Senior Corporate Recruiter) on (+31)0 228 565 080.