“The Application Specialist is member of one of the most dynamic Action IT teams and reports to the Manager IT Store Applications. The Application Specialist has full authority and understanding of the specific store applications concerning all technical aspects and understands the role of such applications in the business process of Action.
The Application Specialist monitors applications and the (business) processes and makes sure that all processes are running according to business requirements. The Application Specialist communicates deviations and exceptions to others in the team and to business stake holders.
The Application Specialist cooperates in project implementations of application specific settings. The Application Specialist closely cooperates with the Application Analyst(s) and with business stake holders. The IT Store Applications team is continuously improving the IT Store landscape in order to support Actions international expansion”.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Application Specialist monitors the applications from the technical perspective, informs team members and business stakeholders on any deviations or exceptions, resolves incidents where required and participates in all kind of projects related to the IT Store Applications.
The Application Specialist has a clear on the way-of-working required to meet both business requirements and the strategic IT governance principles which results in best practices and common sense.
Areas of responsibility
The Application Specialist
- Monitors the application and informs team members and business stake holders on any deviations or exceptions.
- Resolves incidents where required.
- Ensures that all necessary documents are in place in accordance with actual guidelines and policies.
- Coordinates activities from other Application Specialist(s) and Application Analyst(s) if necessary and applicable.
- Defines standards, guidelines and way-of-working based on experience, best practices and common sense, all aligned the strategic IT governance principles.
- Aligns with team members, key users and business process owners to set priorities and clearly understands business needs.
- Continuously scans the applications within scope for further improvement possibilities.
- Communicate on conflicting priorities and organize alternatives where necessary.
- Determines whether implementation through standard software is feasible or required and knows how to limit the impact if deviation from standard is necessary.
- Knows how to work with governance principles like the IT control framework.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST IT STORE OPERATIONS AT ACTION
Competencies and Hard skills
- Set the example
- Communication skills
- Result orientated
- Planning and organizing
- Execute with pace and urgency
- Professional and intellectual abilities at preferable Bachelor level with a minimum of 5 years of experience in similar roles.
- Preferable 5 years of experience in IT
- Knowledge of retail is essential
- Proficiency in English is essential, knowledge of French and/or German are an advantage
- Relation, risk and change management skills
Requirements soft skills
- Self-confident, broad and developed communication skills on business level
- Deep understanding of business processes within functional area
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism and results driven
- Is very organised, recognizes (business) patterns, sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targetsWorks effectively with others to achieve common targets
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING REMUNERATION
Action opens a number of new stores nationally and internationally every week. This rapid growth makes us a successful organization, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis will increase accordingly. Not only does Action grow, but you will also have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
- A competitive salary (on the basis of 38 hrs/wk.)
- A company laptop and phone
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action
Do you want to help build the future for one of the best and fastest growing non-food retailers in Europe? Apply now by uploading your CV and motivation letter, via our online application form*. We are more than happy to invite you for an interview!
Are you interested in finding out more about this function or the application procedure? Please contact Esther Sancho (Senior Corporate Recruiter) on (+31)0 228 565 080.