Action is an international, fast-growing retailer with more than 850 stores and around 32,000 employees in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Luxembourg and Austria. The store assortment greatly varies, making it fun as well as interesting to shop at Action. Huge quantities of articles are processed on a daily basis and decisions are taken fast.
Action is dedicated to having satisfied and happy customers. As employee you play an important role in achieving this goal. You are fundamental to our success. The rapid growth of our organization means that we are constantly evolving. We offer you the opportunity to keep developing yourself and we believe it is important to appreciate you and to reward you accordingly.
To continue our successful path in Germany we’re constantly looking for motivated employees willing to support us with passion and dedication.
Your ambitious, searching for challenges and ready to develop alongside us?
Apply now! We’re looking for a new
Business Controller Germany (m/f)
Purpose of the Job:
Providing (business) support to key processes like budgeting, periodical analysis of performance, improving controls and identifying KPI’s for specific roles and processes in order to support decision making and making the performance transparent. The business controller is part of the German Finance Team and reports directly to the Finance Manager Germany.
Areas of responsibility:
- General financial support for the German country organization, including local HR and Real Estate departments
- Managing and preparing of the financial sections of country reviews and general performance of the business in the country
- Analysis on the company’s performance (P&L and balance sheet review)
- Supporting and challenging the business with respect to:
- Commercial developments
- Cost levels
- Capex levels
- Balance sheet & Cash flow level
- Periodical follow-up of performance with the Management including KPI tracking and reporting
- Providing financial data to support planning and monitoring of the business and decision making
- Providing support on identification of processes, quantifying outcomes, measuring the outcomes through KPI’s and reports upon it
- Development and maintenance of reporting tools and subsequently report upon it
- Adding to the formulation of the policy with regards to the control-function within the company
- Taking part in the coordination and execution of the year plan and supporting the Management with regards to set up of budgets, benchmarks and evaluations
- Advising the Management on efficiency with regards to financial and business support
- Economic/financial degree at academic level and at least 4 years of relevant working experience
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and ability to relate strategic company objectives to own activities
- hands on mentality, excellent communication skills and high energy level
- Basic knowledge of local statutory, regulatory and tax requirements
- Being very organised and able to structure and prioritize activities and projects
- Acting with integrity and constructive critical mindset
- Experience in the retail sector (preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting systems SAP/Hyperion (preferred)
- Advanced to excellent skills in MS Office
- Experience in fast growing environments (preferred)
- Fluent in English and German (oral and written)
What we offer:
- A high level of self-responsibility and the opportunity to actively shape the groth and success of our company
- Exciting and versatile tasks with an expanding international non-food-discounter
- Very good development and advancement opportunities, also internationally
- A professional and benevolent feedback and leadership culture makes us stand out
- 15% personal discount on our product range
We are looking forward to your meaningful application (subject: Business Controller DE) including you earliest start date and your salary requirement via our career site www.arbeitenbeiaction.de or by email to: email@example.com.
Please note: For reasons of legibility, the simultaneous use of male and female language forms is dispensed with. However all person names are valid for both sexes.