WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Buyer/Category Leader, your main focus will lie on buying Not for Resale Goods and Services. Your responsibilities will entail supporting all group entities within the countries and the corporate functional departments (IT, Real Estate, Marketing, etc.), according to the procurement and cost improvement processes. In addition, you’ll be playing a fundamental role in finding and developing suppliers that can contribute to Action expansion. You will be part of a passionate team, reporting directly to the Group Head of Procurement.
An insight into your responsibilities as a Buyer/Category Leader:
- You support internal customers (functional heads and directors) in defining their functional requirements, ensuring the best value for money.
- You offer various tendering alternatives, leading the preparation and the actual supplier negotiations with the functional / operational experts.
- You identify and analyze spends, supplier performance and customer satisfaction, and make critical reviews of your categories. You are also able to formulate concrete recommendations from this.
- You continuously keep track of all important developments in your relevant categories, for example, identifying market trends and regulatory changes.
- You use all relevant information collected to summarize market analyses and formulate proper category strategies, to be used in discussions with both functional / operational leaders, plus the Executive Board.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD BUYER / CATEGORY LEADER AT ACTION
You are a customer oriented individual who continuously strives for the best results. You are able to work well independently, as well as in a team, and you have the ability to make the best of your leadership and people management skills. In addition, you:
- have completed a University Master’s degree in Business or Engineering, or have previous work experience on a similar level (specialisation in procurement is a plus);
- have expertise in one or more categories among HR, Real Estate, IT, Supply Chain, Professional Services, Stores OPEX, or Marketing and Communications;
- possess a strong track record of cost improvements (with references) and solid experience in supplier, contract and spend management;
- have 5-10 years of experience working within the field of procurement;
- master the English language, both spoken and written. Knowledge of other languages (German, Polish, Czech) is an additional advantage.
Proficiency at MS Office is required. Additionally, knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, Oracle), including e-procurement tools (Ivalua, Ariba, Coupa, Determine…) is an advantage. Are you the person Action is looking for? Then read on!
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING REMUNERATION
Action opens a number of new stores nationally and internationally every week. This rapid growth makes us a successful organisation, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis will increase accordingly. Not only Action is growing, but you as well will have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
- A competitive salary (based on 38 hrs/wk.)
- A company-provided laptop and phone
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action
Do you want to help build the future of one of the best and fastest growing non-food retailers in Europe? Apply now by uploading your CV and letter of motivation, via our online application form*. We are more than happy to invite you for an interview!
Want to find out more about this function or the application procedure? Please contact Folkert van den Beld (Senior Corporate Recruiter) on (+31)0 228 565 080. #LI-RS1