WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for a portfolio of Indirect Procurement Categories (among IT & TelCo, Construction & Facility Management, Marketing & Communication, Supply Chain, Professional Services…), at a European level, working closely with Business Partners located in the HQ and in the countries. You will be part of a dynamic and passionate team, reporting directly to the Group Head of Procurement, currently going through a complete transformation phase with full Top Management sponsorship. Beyond your Category responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to contribute to an exciting journey towards Procurement Excellence.
Your main responsibilities will include
- Understanding the Company Strategy & Functional Business Needs, and translate them into 3- to 5- year Category Sourcing Strategies.
- Analyzing your Category spends, contracts, suppliers / markets and processes in order to identify, prioritize, plan and execute Cost and Quality improvement roadmaps.
- Supporting and leading all Sourcing activities related to your Categories, from the definition of Functional Requirements up to the monitoring of Supplier Performance.
- Evaluate the existing Supply Base, devise and implement Supplier Strategies together with the operational and functional experts, to sustain the fast growth and international expansion of the company.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD PROCUREMENT MANAGER AT ACTION
You are a customer-oriented individual who strives permanently for efficiency and continuous improvement. You are able to work well independently, as well as being a true team-player. You have the ability to influence, challenge and convince both internal and external stakeholders through extensive leadership and people management skills. In addition, you:
- have completed a University Master’s degree in Business or Engineering, a Procurement specialisation being a plus;
- have expertise in one or more categories among HR, Construction & Facility Management, IT & TelCo, Supply Chain, Professional Services, Marketing & Communication;
- possess a strong track record of Cost and Quality improvements (with references) and solid experience in Supplier, Contract and Spend Management;
- have 8 - 12 years of experience working within the field of Procurement;
- are perfectly fluent in English, the knowledge of other European languages being a plus (with a preference on German and Eastern & Central European languages).
Proficiency at MS Office is required. Additionally, knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, Oracle) and e-procurement tools (Ivalua, SAP / Ariba, Coupa, Synertarde, Determine…) is an advantage.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING REMUNERATION
Action opens a number of new stores nationally and internationally every week (close to 200 openings in 2016). This rapid growth makes us a successful organisation, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis will increase accordingly and make your scope even more challenging and interesting. Not only Action is growing, but you as well will have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
- A competitive package (based on 38 hrs/wk.), composed of a fix salary and a yearly bonus based on collective and individual objectives.
- A company-provided laptop and phone.
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action.
Do you want to help build the future of one of the best and fastest growing non-food retailers in Europe? Apply now by uploading your CV and letter of motivation, via our online application form. We are more than happy to invite you for an interview!
Want to find out more about this function or the application procedure? Please contact Folkert van den Beld (Senior Corporate Recruiter) on (+31)0 228 565 080.