"As a Compliance Expert, your challenge is to protect our business from a variety of risks in order to ensure that our business is compliant and risk conscious.”
What you will do every day
As a result of our rapid international expansion we continuously strengthen our European Risk Assurance team. In this team you work in close cooperation with team members in other areas of expertise, such as Enterprise Risk Management, Fraud Management, Compliance and Internal Audit. As Compliance Expert you report directly to the Fraud and Integrity Manager and work in close cooperation with other business departments both at Group Head Office and in the countries. Your work focuses on the overall compliance, risk and strategy framework for the organisation .
The main purpose of your job is to help manage Compliance risks on an ongoing base and help implement Action’s Compliance Roadmap.
Areas of responsibility
- Support the Manager Fraud, Integrity and Compliance in developing Action’s strategy and roadmap for Compliance.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and continuously enhancement of Compliance Management processes (including Compliance Charter), methodologies, policies, procedures, templates and framework.
Compliance Risk Assessment
- Develops and maintains, together with the business and legal teams, an overview of key compliance related laws, regulations, business standards and Action’s Code of Conduct and associated policies.
Compliance Risk Mitigation & Training
- Provide subject matter expert policy advice and guidance to all areas of the business in relation to Code of Conduct and other rules and regulations in cooperation with the Legal team and the manager Fraud, Integrity and Compliance.
- Work with HR and other departments to develop and implement an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing (awareness) trainings for all employees.
Compliance Risk Reporting (including incident management)
- Prepares Compliance Risk and Control performance management reporting and discusses the results with the Manager Fraud, Integrity and Compliance.
- Supports the Manager Fraud, Integrity and Compliance in responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Contributes to the development a uniform process for handling such violations.
What characterizes an Compliance Expert at Action?
- Economic, Law or Compliance grade, WO level (master’s degree), with a completed Compliance Professional/Officer certification is preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in Compliance Management.
- Solid understanding of Compliance Management principles, also including the execution of compliance audits and investigations.
- Knowledge or familiarity with relevant (international) rules and regulations and affinity with compliance issues.
- Knowledge of and experienced in documentation systems for processes, risks and controls.
- Experience in the retail sector preferred.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing), fluency in French and German preferred.
- Analytical mindset and ability to relate strategic company objectives to own activities.
- Hands on mentality and excellent communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Acts with integrity and constructive critical mindset.
- Proposes and implements efficient and effective working methods with the least possible complexity.
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism.
- Is very organised, can structure activities and projects, sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines.
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure.
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targets.
This is what we offer you as an Compliance Expert
• Market-based salary based on a 38-hour working week
• Bonus arrangement on personal- and business objectives
• Laptop and mobile phone
• 15% staff discount on your purchases from Action
We open stores internationally every week. Our rapid international growth brings a multitude of challenges in the design and operation of our organization and processes. With an entrepreneurial and proactive attitude, you have the opportunity to contribute to further professionalizing of our Risk Assurance team and further developing yourself as a content specialist within Risk Assurance or alternatively in other areas of the organization.
For more details about the content of this position, please contact Ellen van Nimwegen (Fraud & Integrity Manager). For more information about the application process, you can contact Yaseen Schrueder (Recruiter). Both can be reached via 0228-565080. You can only apply via the online application form.
Are you ready for a challenging compliance role in retail and do you want to help build the future of a successful fast growing European discounter?