Action is an international, fast-growing retailer with more than 850 stores and around 32,000 employees in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Luxembourg and Austria. The store assortment greatly varies, making it fun as well as interesting to shop at Action. Huge quantities of articles are processed on a daily basis and decisions are taken fast.
Action is dedicated to having satisfied and happy customers. As employee you play an important role in achieving this goal. You are fundamental to our success. The rapid growth of our organization means that we are constantly evolving. We offer you the opportunity to keep developing yourself and we believe it is important to appreciate you and to reward you accordingly.
To continue our successful path in Germany we’re constantly looking for motivated employees willing to support us with passion and dedication.
Your ambitious, searching for challenges and ready to develop alongside us?
Apply now! We’re looking for a new
Financial Controller Germany (m/f)
Purpose of the Job:
Providing support in all aspects of financial accounting, including statutory and regulatory reporting, as well as local tax filings. Responsibilities will also include the development and maintenance of internal control policies and procedures. The business controller is part of the German Finance Team and reports directly to the Finance Manager Germany.
Areas of responsibility:
- Coordinating the periodic and annual closing process of Action Germany and liaise with the Action SSC and other relevant stakeholders to deliver the periodic and annual financial statements
- Coordinating the preparation of statutory accounts and regulatory reports
- Planning local tax filings (in cooperation with local tax advisor)
- Supporting the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Ensuring integrity and delivery of local statutory accounts and of local regulatory reporting
- Securing compliance with local GAAP, other local reporting requirements and local tax laws
- Researching technical accounting issues for compliance
- Acting as Contact person for (local) external relations like auditors and tax authorities in the country
- Implementing and maintaining internal controls to improve the management of the business, avoid risks and safeguard the assets of the organization
- General financial support for the German country organization, including local HR and Real Estate departments
- Assisting in preparing the financial sections of country reviews, internal control reviews and general performance of the business in the country
- Development and maintenance of reporting tools and subsequently report upon it
- Providing analysis on the company’s performance (P&L and balance sheet review)
- Supporting and challenging the business with respect to:
- Cost levels
- Capex levels
- Balance sheet & Cash flow level
- Periodical follow-up of performance with management including KPI tracking and reporting to measure progress
- Providing financial data to support planning and monitoring of the business and decision making
- Economic/financial degree at academic level and at least 4 years of relevant working experience
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP
- Strong knowledge of local statutory, regulatory and tax requirements
- Advanced degree in Accounting (preferred)
- Experience in the retail sector (preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting systems SAP/Hyperion (preferred)
- Experience in fast growing environments (preferred)
- Fluent in English and German (oral and written)
- Analytical mindset and ability to relate strategic company objectives to own activities
- Hands on mentality, acting with integrity and constructive critical mindset
- Being very organised and able to structure and prioritize activities and projects
- Working efficiently and effectively (with others), also when under time pressure
What we offer:
- A high level of self-responsibility and the opportunity to actively shape the growth and success of our company
- Exciting and versatile tasks with an expanding international non-food-discounter
- Very good development and advancement opportunities, also internationally
- A professional and benevolent feedback and leadership culture makes us stand out
- 15% personal discount on our product range
We are looking forward to your meaningful application (subject: Financial Controller DE) including your earliest start date and your salary requirement via our career site www.arbeitenbeiaction.de or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: For reasons of legibility, the simultaneous use of male and female language forms is dispensed with. However all person names are valid for both sexes.