‘We are looking for a Junior Business Controller to join our group business control team that can help drive the rapid and continued (international) growth at Action.’
What will you do on a daily basis
The Business Controller Group Control is part of a team of 4 business controllers and reports directly to the Manager Group Business Control with direct exposure to the Group Finance Director. This is a diverse role with tasks ranging from timely, accurate and complete reporting and analyzing the headquarter costs, supporting the preparation of forecasts, budgets, strategic plans and business cases.
In addition, you have an important, independent and visible position in the organization, being a critical and proactive sparring partner within the Group Finance Department.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth and transition of Action the role offers excellent career opportunities, we are looking for a junior candidate who can support the team and is eager and ambitious.
- Overseeing and managing the monthly reporting, budgeting & forecasting and variance analyses and reporting to senior management;
- Contribute to the preparation and development of budgets & forecasts and strategic plans;
- Challenge headquarter departments to ensure tight cost control in line with budget or forecast;
- Validation of IT business cases.
What characterizes a Business Controller at Action
- Highly analytical thinker;
- Max 3-5 years of finance experience;
- University degree;
- Knowledge of accounting systems (such as SAP and Hyperion);
- Advanced skills in MS Office.
What makes a good Junior Business Controller
We are looking for someone who is highly driven, energetic and ambitious. Someone who pays meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product. In this position it is necessary to have strong (interpersonal) communication skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving. As a Junior Business Controller you must be able to thrive in a fast-paces international environment and you are able to meet and establish deadlines. Next to this you are a real team player!
We offer the following remuneration
- A competitive salary package;
- A company laptop and phone;
- 15% staff discount on your purchases in our Action stores.
Do you want to help build the future for one of the best and fastest growing non-food retailers in Europe? Apply now by uploading your CV and motivation letter, via our online application form. We are more than happy to invite you for an interview!
Are you interested in finding out more about this function or the application procedure? Please contact Nelleke Moormann (Recruiter) on (+31) 06-22348377
While we appreciate the offer of assistance, unfortunately Action does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Action via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Action, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Action. Interested in becoming a supplier to Action, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.