(32 – 38h/w)
The Project Manager is part of the Transformation department within the Supply Chain function and reports directly to the Manager Supply Chain Transformation. In this capacity you have a pivotal role enabling the transformation of the Supply Chain organization from the “now” to the “new”.
This means a full transformation of our processes & systems. In this respect, several projects have been identified in which the project manager needs to ensure that all projects are implemented with a strong focus on people and their adaptation to the presented solutions and processes.
What you will do on a daily basis
Responsible for the implementation of all identified projects in accordance with the Supply Chain strategy and within the given time and budget. This also includes follow up and alignment with key stakeholders across the organization.
The project manager acts as a coach and buddy to our operational staff in the Supply Chain. In this role your first focus is people, their mindset and how we can build together the next level of Supply Chain in Action. You will be asked to drive change within your projects and act as a change leader. In this capacity and where possible, you will need to work in the locations where actual deployment is taking place and you will lead and support the day to day business to create one team with the same way of working, adopting new processes and systems.
What are the main responsibilities
Lead and Support the day to day business teams
- Transition will be rolled out across several initiatives within the strategic framework of the Transformation agenda. The project managers will support those initiatives where significant change is required and support of frontline staff is key to the success
- During pilot/roll-outs, project managers will work alongside with, and support, the day to day business teams to co-create one culture and way of working that will enable continuous improvement and adaptation of new processes and systems
- The project managers have a functional reporting line into one of the program managers to report on progress, status, etc.
Act as a change agent
- Identify training needs and facilitate learning modules
- Identify, prepare and facilitate required workshops and participants (e.g., brainstorming with staff, observations of bottlenecks, identification of new processes)
- Convey information and ideas to individuals and groups in diverse situations
- Train local teams to act as “change delivery muscle” and build capabilities for sustainable change
Internal stakeholder management
- Proactively aligns with internal stakeholders linked to the respective project. This includes ensuring internal stakeholders are kept adequately up to date on status of outstanding issues
Reporting/ KPI Management
- Administer everyday workflow of all implementation processes and provide support to all staff in the transformation
- Evaluate all management information reports and ensure achievement of the implementation within the given time and budget.
- Translates problem descriptions into goals with measurable KPIs
- Collects representative data in order to make root-cause-analysis by different models
- Leads brainstorm sessions where root-cause-analysis will be translated into improvement ideas
- Implement and embed overall improvements through projects supporting the strategy, particularly through implementing new ways of working, processes and systems.
- Closely work with the business process owners on redesign of existing processes and design of new ones
- Focuses on people throughout each step of the implementation. Ensures people are enthusiastic and open for change
- Stimulates staff actively participate in brainstorming and to actively contribute to the development of new ideas
- Ensures people will learn from his/her own experiences and those of others
- Implements a culture of continuous improvement where staff share feedback and build on healthy conflict
What makes a good Project Manager
- University work and thinking level in combination with a minimally completed Bachelor is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience
- Operations expertise with supply chain knowledge and implementation experience is a plus
- Good general computer knowledge, experience with applications such as SAP considered as an advantage
- Experience in Lean / Six Sigma or implementing improvement projects is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, other languages are a plus
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to effectively convey ideas in diverse situations, tailor communication to the audience, and build consensus through fact based discussions
- Full focus on people & mindset and a drive to make other people successful
- Can deal with setbacks and a negative atmosphere and looks for ways to turn it around
- Has several ways to convince people and win a group
- Knows how to lead without hierarchical position
- Has a strong will to learn, try new things, fail, stand up and try it again
- Experience in planning and coordinating, ability to efficiently delegate tasks
- Able to think and act outside of own discipline/department
- Project Management skills
- Structured and well organized.
We offer the following remuneration:
Action opens a number of new stores nationally and internationally every week. This rapid growth makes us a successful organisation, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis will increase accordingly. Not only Action is growing, but you as well will have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
- A competitive salary (based on 38 hrs/wk.)
- A company-provided laptop and phone
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action
Personal Growth Opportunities
As Action is evolving and expanding rapidly throughout Europe, our teams are growing at the same pace and there are multiple opportunities for personal growth in the future.
Do you have questions about this role? Please contact Christina Asimakopoulou (Recruiter) via +31 (0) 6 20 10 66 13.
See you at Action!
While we appreciate the offer of assistance, unfortunately Action does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Action via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Action, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Action. Interested in becoming a supplier to Action, send an email to email@example.com.