In the role as Direct Import Manager you will be responsible for the Direct Import operations, managing the people and process and systems in our HQ. This role will report directly to Head of Direct Import and is a key member of the Direct Import Organization.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Action is an international organization and famous for its lowest prices and surprising assortment. In the future this will be enabled by building the fastest, most efficient and effective direct import capability in non-food discount retail.
The main focus of this role is to embed and manage a fast, simple and efficient process for Direct Import business and realize our ambitious growth targets.
You will lead the Direct Import support department (currently 3 FTE) ensuring financial and operational control through;
- Managing the order placement workflow and critical path
- Manage the product lifecycle management system and critical paths
- Managing the interdependencies and critical path with other departments including quality, supply chain and stock planning
- Managing performance of external partners incl. our sourcing agents and freight forwarders?
- Implementing KPI’s and monitoring assortment, suppliers, savings, order status and delivery performance
- Training, developing and supporting buyers to optimize Direct Import
WHAT MAKES A GOOD DIRECT IMPORT MANAGER AT ACTION
You are a customer oriented individual who continuously strives for the best results. You are able to work well independently, as well as in a team, and you have the ability to make the best of your leadership and people management skills. In addition you have:
- Completed an degree on bachelor or University level
- At least 5 years of relevant retail experience in key senior buying roles
- Managing multimillion buying budgets and controlling financials
- Experience with vendor and contract management
- Experience in creating and controlling large business processes
- Experience in managing different cultures
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING REMUNERATION
Action opens a number of new stores nationally and internationally every week. This rapid growth makes us a successful organization, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis will increase accordingly. Not only Action is growing, but you as well will have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
- A competitive salary (based on 38 hrs/wk.) and bonus
- A company-provided laptop and phone
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action
Personal Growth Opportunities
As Action is evolving and expanding rapidly throughout Europe, our teams are growing at the same pace and there are multiple opportunities for personal growth in the future.
Do you want to help build the future of one of the best and fastest growing non-food retailers in Europe? Apply now by uploading your CV and letter of motivation, via our online application form. We are more than happy to invite you for an interview!
Want to find out more about this function or the application procedure? Please contact Folkert van den Beld (Senior Corporate Recruiter) on (+31)0 228 565 080.