“The Logistics Service Manager reports directly to the Manager Logistics Region and is responsible for steering a team consisting of Process Management Employee, Logistic Services Support Employee and Quality Control Officer”
The Logistics Service Manager monitors the Logistic Service Provider (LSP) and supports the incorporation of the Action way of working in order to optimize the performance of the DC and to ensure contractual commitments with the LSP in the outsourced DC.
Monitors efficient and standardized operations in the DC by the LSP, thus ensuring European transport to stores and inter-DCs are delivered at low cost and for the best quality and service.
- Contract and Relation Management
- Ensures that key performance indicators agreed with the LSP are met.
- Ensures that LSP delivers their services according to the Action way of working.
- Monitors and drives the LSP to deliver efficient warehousing and transport operations, delivering on time to stores and inter DCs as agreed upon in the SLA.
- Ensures that Action is fulfilling its part of the contract to support the execution of the LSP.
- Manages the relationship and effective way of working between the LSP and the internal Action organisation.
- Operational Management DC
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on budget of the DC and other financial parameters
- Approves monthly invoicing in line with contractual agreement and assesses, approves and challenges extra cost or investment as appropriate.
- Ensures timely and effective communication to the stores.
- Ensures Action property and equipment is in full working order and managed appropriately.
- Build and maintain a local network of relevant partners for on-site services such as material handling equipment and waste management.
- Ensures compliance to labour/environment/safety legislation and regulations.
- Project Management
- Monitors and delivers business process improvements and procedures for logistic operations in line with process improvements of all distribution centers’ process improvements.
- Issues priorities and adjust plannings in case of incidents. If necessary escalates these to the Manager Logistics Region.
- Ensures sufficient and capable resources (own department as well as other disciplines) to realize the projects in the most effective manner.
- People Management
- Clearly steers a team (consisting of the Process Management Employee; Logistic Services Support Employee, and Quality Control Officer), takes the lead, gives clear working instructions, plans employees and activities in such a manner that targets are successfully met.
- Educational level at Master or Bachelor’s degree in Logistics combination with at least 8 years of relevant working experience and 3 years of management experience.
- Experience in the industry or retail branch and an international environment is preferable.
- Excellent business level English.
- SAP knowledge in WMS
- Actively involved in the international organisation.
- Is willing to travel to different work locations depending on requirements.
- Makes proposals for efficient and effective working methods with the least possible complexity
- and implements these.
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism.
- Is very organised, is able to structure activities and projects, sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines.
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure.
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targets.
- Has excellent influencing skills to effectively manage the team and the relationship with the
We provide you the following remuneration
- A competitive salary
- A company laptop and phone
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action
As Action is evolving and expanding rapidly throughout Europe, our teams are growing at the same pace and there will be multiple opportunities for personal growth in the future.
Action will yearly open new Distribution Centers internationally. This rapid growth makes us a successful organization, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis in the Supply Chain will increase accordingly. Not only does Action grow, but you will also have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
For more information about the application process please contact Christina Asimakopoulou (Corporate Recruiter) who can be reached via +31 (0) 6 20 10 66 13.
Are you ready to take on a Supply Chain role in retail and do you want to help build the future of the most successful and fastest growing discounter in the Netherlands with European aspirations?
While we appreciate the offer of assistance, unfortunately Action does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Action via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Action, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Action. Interested in becoming a supplier to Action, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.