Manager BI is part of the core IT Management of Action. The manager BI is fully responsible for development of the BI strategy and the implementation of it, which concerns all aspects related to Data Analytics and reporting within Action. One of the objectives is to migrate the current Qlikview platform to SAP HANA in 2018 en 2019. The new strategy has to make the information available for the business in excellent balance of timing and efficiency. Bring the information to the surface at the right moment and to the right person and use SAP at its fully potential.
It’s an innovative department: you will be working with state of the art systems as SAP BW on HANA and SAP CAR – within seconds any transaction is in the database ready for analysis. You will setup the structure of a BI team that will grow to a team of eight. Hosting services and technical application maintenance are fully outsourced to service providers that are being managed by the BI team.
Are you the one we can rely our BI Strategy on? Can you manage and set up the plans and processes? Are you the key person to stand through the stakeholders, internal suppliers and key users and make a success of every release? Are you a natural leader who can instruct best practices to our delivery coordinators?
What are the main resposibilities?
You are involved in the new Strategy/Policy : Formulates, improves, implements and realizes the BI IT demand approach and realizes the BI IT delivery approach. Related to Delivery Management you will direct, organize, plan and monitor activities, negotiate the objectives and resources, manage the departmental budget and establish and monitor management information to proactively facilitate the business by proposing BI. In terms of People Management you will direct and build feedback about the delivered performance and personal developments related to future requirements and priorities: Stimulate employees to join in on the thought process and to actively contribute to the development of new ideas and to learn from his/her own experiences and those of others by creating a work environment in which employees are continuously stimulated to develop themselves and to improve their performance
Areas of responsibility
Leading the BI Competence Centre within the IT organization and has a responsibility for ensuring the “fit-for-purpose” of the Demand and Delivery of all BI from an IT perspective, addressing all applicable concerns and key-factors of its stakeholders and the company’s strategy. Has overall responsibility for determining and realizing the budget of the BI Competence Centre, is responsible for the HR development and is responsible for the delivery of all BI related IT services in accordance with agreed business requirements and managing the service lifecycle.
What makes a good Manager BI at Action?
- Communication skills
- Result orientated
- Planning and organizing
- Execute with pace and urgency
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in IT management or similar management roles (of which 3 years internationally is preferred)
Requirements soft skills
- Self-confident, broad and developed communication skills on enterprise level
- Leadership skills without power and is able to motivate technical specialists and business managers
- Deep understanding of impact of service level non-compliance on business performance
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism and is result driven
- Is very well organized, recognizes (business)patterns, commits and sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure, can delegate activities and responsibilities
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targets and build teams
- At least successfully managed budget responsibility of at least 5m EUR for 4 years but preferably 7m EUR or more.
We offer the following remuneration
Action opens a number of new stores nationally and internationally every week. This rapid growth makes us a successful organization, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis will increase accordingly. Not only does Action grow, but you will also have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
- A competitive salary (on the basis of 38 hrs/wk.)
- A company laptop and phone
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action
Do you want to help build the future for one of the best and fastest growing non-food retailers in Europe? Apply now by uploading your CV and motivation letter, via our online application form*. We are more than happy to invite you for an interview!
Are you interested in finding out more about this function or the application procedure? Please contact Esther Sancho (Senior Recruiter) on (+31)0 228 565 080.