The Manager Set-up Team DC is responsible for facilitating, planning and executing the start-up phase for the new Warehouses in various countries in Europe. Managing the complete start-up process of a new DC with the focus on people, working-methods, training and good execution of the DC-processes within the new DC.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role your focus lies on overseeing, planning, coordinating and executing the entire process, training and control an ensuring that all processes, working methods and policies are implemented and in line with Action-standards.
You will responsible for operational management of all processes ensuring the highest quality and efficiency in the new warehouse . As manager DC set up team you translate “the way of working” and policies of Action into the new foreign warehouses. You are responsible to implement and assure all relevant and required Action-policies and processes in the new warehouses. Secures compliance to labour, safety legislation and regulations. As an experienced manager you will cclearly steers a team of approximately 8 set up team employees to achieve the targets. You will maintain and built an excellent relationship with your local suppliers and your team members.
You are involved in improving your team members, give constructive feedback, instructions, explanation and coaching. Responsible for an optimal staffing, recruitment activities and retaining of direct and indirect reports within the department. Another important task is to Initiate and write a project plan for every new warehouse. And report complete and on time on the progress of the start-up of new warehouse, also you aanalyze data and (if necessary) take appropriate action in order to keep on track with project plan.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD MANAGER DC SET UP TEAM AT ACTION
You are an enthusiastic people manager with relevant experience in warehousing , logistic or supply chain environments. Educational level at University degree in combination with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in a similar job, preferably in a retail/logistics environment.
- Excellent project- and people management skills;
- Excellent knowledge of at least English language (verbal and written) and German or French is an advantage;
- Willing to travel in Europe and to stay a couple of weeks in hotels together with your Set up team;
- You are an people manager with an proactive and result driven attitude;
- You have experience to makes proposals for efficient and effective working methods with; the least possible complexity and implements these;
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism;
- Is very organised, is able to structure activities and projects, sticks to agreements within; deadlines and according to guidelines;
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING REMUNERATION
- Competitive salary based on a 38-hour week
- Laptop / phone
- 15% staff discount on your purchases in Action
- Personal Growth Opportunities
Action has almost 1000 stores in multiple countries and is growing rapidly. The goods are delivered via 5 DC’s to all our stores. Part of the strategy of Action is to build an European distribution network. Currently there are 2 DC’s in the Netherlands, 1 in France and 1 in Germany and Action has plans to open multiple DC’s per year across Europe.
For questions about the role in itself please contact Ludy Dingelstad (DC set up team manager). For more information about the application process please contact Folkert van den Beld (Senior Corporate Recruiter ). Both can be reached via 0228-565080.
Are you ready to take on a Supply Chain role in retail and do you want to help build the future of the most successful and fastest growing discounter in the Netherlands with European aspirations?