(Fulltime, 38 hours)
“The Quality Control Officer is responsible for monitoring the checks done by the LSP on the inbound and outbound as well as the daily stock cycle counts. The Quality Control Officer does this both physically as well as in the system and contributes to the stock accuracy in doing so.”
Next to own Distribution Centers (DC’s) Action uses external parties, as Logistics Service Providers (LSP), to staff ‘outsourced’ DC’s. Within an outsourced DC a small team of Action employees works to monitor and optimise the logistical processes with the LSP.
The Quality Control Officer is part of this team and reports directly to the Logistics Service Manager that leads the team. The main focus lies in ensuring that the quality (in terms of quantity and timely delivery) of incoming and outgoing deliveries are in accordance with Action standards.
- Quality control
- Checks the quality of the inbound and outbound deliveries and the daily cycle counts in the logistics operation.
- Acts as the first point of contact with regard to disputes and issues on the inbound and outbound operations.
- Confirms under and over-receipts communicated by the logistics provider.
- Checks financial differences of physical receipt against supplier invoice.
- Informs Action HQ and/or supplier about receiving differences and follows-up on this.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizing re-work and waste and inputting data into quality database.
- Stock Management
- In case of large stock adjustment, approves (or if appropriate escalates) the changes in the stock levels.
- Ensures that root cause analysis and corrective action is performed by logistics provider.
- Liaises with production and warehouse colleagues regarding stock levels.
- Ensures that stock levels are in line with budget.
- Addresses logistics provider to improve stock accuracy.
- Provides KPIs related to stock accuracy, inbound and outbound.
- Educational level at Bachelor’s degree in combination of at least 2 years of experience in inventory management or business control.
- Excellent local language skills and business level English.
- Excel knowledge on an advanced level.
- Is confident in SAP and prepared to work both within the warehouse as well as the office environment.
- Has the ability to prioritize and solve problems in real-time.
- Is analytical and able to manipulate and present data.
- Has strong communication influencing skills.
- Is pro-active and eager on opportunities to improve the process.
- Works accurately
We provide you the following remuneration
- A competitive salary
- A company laptop and phone
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action
As Action is evolving and expanding rapidly throughout Europe, our teams are growing at the same pace and there will be multiple opportunities for personal growth in the future.
Action will yearly open new Distribution Centers internationally. This rapid growth makes us a successful organization, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis in the Supply Chain will increase accordingly. Not only does Action grow, but you will also have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
Are you ready to take on a Supply Chain role in retail and do you want to help build the future of the most successful and fastest growing discounter in the Netherlands with European aspirations?