WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Logistics Engineer is part of the Group Staff Logistics department. The Staff Logistics department continuously improves and enables efficient and effective processes within the DC’s and in the logistic network as a whole. The Logistics Engineer reports directly to the Manager Logistic Strategy & Development.
The Logistic Engineer is responsible for optimization of logistic processes by developing, improving and expanding processes, the distribution networks and systems and makes an important contribution to the research, design and start-up phase of new DC’s. You will be coordinating and overseeing logistic and supply chain engineering (sub)projects executed by internal and external parties. Designing new warehouses (network design, location studies, physical design). Conducting network studies and optimizations and responsible for calculations and analyses ensuring optimal store allocations to DC’s. You will be analyzing quantitative information and applying professional judgment to resolve a variety of supply chain challenges. Ensuring compliance to local legislation on hazardous goods, environment etc. maintain good relationships with external agencies and suppliers.
You will prepare and present solution options to Logistics Management and Supply Chain director, up to Executive Board. Advising (both reactive and proactive) on all relevant logistics engineering issues and challenges. Defining and applying principles, innovative concepts, best practices and standards to a variety of assignments and projects.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD LOGISTICS ENGINEER AT ACTION
The perfect candidate is a result driven person with a clear way of approaching people , communicate very clear on certain levels in the organization and is willing to investigate in Action and will help to improve the performances of various assignments in the Supply chain organization.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent (Supply Chain/Logistics);
- At least 8 years of professional experience in an Engineering role;
- Strong analytical skills and a clear understanding of data, warehouse and business concepts;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Understanding of and experience with Change Management
- Experience and knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), concepts in Material handling equipment and storage equipment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software or other modeling tools;
- Project management experience
- Excellent knowledge of at least Dutch and English language;
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING REMUNERATION
- Competitive salary based on a 38-hour week
- Laptop / phone
- 15% staff discount on your purchases in Action
- Personal Growth Opportunities
As Action is evolving and expanding rapidly throughout Europe, our teams are growing at the same pace and there will be multiple opportunities for personal growth in the future.
Action will yearly open new Distribution Centers internationally. This rapid growth makes us a successful organization, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis in the Supply Chain will increase accordingly. Not only does Action grow, but you will also have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
For questions about the role in itself please contact Barry Barnhoorn (Manager Strategy & Development). For more information about the application process please contact Esther Sancho (Senior Corporate Recruiter ). Both can be reached via 0228-565080.
Are you ready to take on a Supply Chain role in retail and do you want to help build the future of the most successful and fastest growing discounter in the Netherlands with European aspirations?