With the current expansion plans, and ongoing business, we need to conduct several large tenders per year, for all of the outsourced operations. This complex process needs to be managed by the Supply Chain Operations Sourcing Manager.
The main focus lies in coordinating all activities on contracting outsourced operations in relation to the expansion of new DCs, but also improving contract principles / targets with learnings, experiences & insights for new contract as well as during renegotiations of existing contracts.
This position will head up a sourcing team consisting of controllers, legal counsels and procurement officers. Although they hierarchically report to their respective managers, they will have a functional reporting line to the Supply Chain Operations Sourcing Manager and will work together intensively as a team during all sourcing/ tender processes.
The Supply Chain Operations Sourcing Manager will focus on the following areas:
• Proactively aligns on updates from internal stakeholders linked to the all Sourcing Partners (at Group and Local level) and monitors the execution of the required expansion activities. Includes ensuring internal stakeholders are kept adequately up to date on status of outstanding issues, but also ensuring that they are all aligned on what’s expected from them in relation to the expansion activities.
• Maintains quality ongoing relationships with the key external stakeholders, which include Logistic Service Providers, Transport Service Providers, Hub Service Providers, Maintenance Providers and other relevant suppliers.
• Escalation point for operations in case contracts are not met/understood/respected, but also ensuring further insights & learning experiences are incorporated in “new” contracts with SP.
• Responsible for timely selection of the best possible SP against realistic but slightly ambitious terms, in accordance with Actions operations sourcing strategy, in time to secure operation start-up / continuity, with buy-in of all relevant stakeholders.
• Deciding on conducting a tender vs grant the contract to a current preferred partner (or something in between, like a limited tender amongst current partners)
People Management (Sourcing Team)
• Takes the lead where necessary, gives clear working instructions, plans employees and activities in such a manner that targets are successfully achieved.
• Is actively involved in improving employee skills by providing constructive feedback, instructions, explanation and coaching.
• Makes employees enthusiastic, clearly indicates the intended effect of targets, brings about a positive attitude towards the work and inspires team members' strong will to perform.
• Gives direct and constructive feedback about the delivered performance and personal development related to future requirements and priorities.
• Stimulates employees to join in on the thought process and to actively contribute to the development of new ideas and to learn from his/her own experiences and those of others.